- Hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week, with my buddy Marq
- Don new haircut from David's salon
- Facial plus whitening mask from Let's Face It (with 2 bonus check up)
- Feetish Foot Spa from the Spa
- Body scrub
- Body massage
- Eyebrow threading & upper lip waxing from Lay Bare
- Vitamins C & E
- Cereals & milk
- Lots of H2O
- Spa salt scrub & papaya soap
- Manicure & Pedicure
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Relationships can become an addiction, and once they're over, the withdrawal can be consuming. Typically, people go through these stages:
The Do's and Don't of Surviving a Break-Up
- DO get it all out. Wallow in self-pity, cry into your pillow, write bad poetry. Express your feelings as openly as you can. The more you keep things inside, the worse the feelings can become.
- DON'T stay bitter. Don't take it out on your friends, or shut people out of your life. It's understandable that you may need some time alone, but don't prolong this period or you may find that you've isolated yourself from the rest of the world. If you don't feel like talking just yet, let your friends know. Don't leave them in the dark, especially if they reach out to you.
- DO think positively. A positive state of mind will manifest into a positive outlook on life.
- DON'T lose faith in people. Assuming that all men out there are scum could result in you missing out on someone great.
- DO something new. Whether it's a class or hobby, try to pick something that you and your partner did not share an interest in. The less reminded you are, the better. By making the activity your own, you're asserting your independence from the relationship.
- DON'T lead others on. If you're not over someone yet, make that clear. After all, you wouldn't want to be someone else's rebound.
- DO keep active socially. Call up your old friends, have a girls' night out, start a study group. You'll find that surrounding yourself with other people will make you feel better, and the support they provide is like a big comfort blanket.
- DON'T listen to sad music. This will only make the wallowing worse. At all costs, avoid putting on the mixed CD that he made for your six-month anniversary.
- DO pamper yourself. Pick something that will lift your spirits and do it. Is it a manicure? A new outfit? A day at the casino? Whatever tickles your fancy, do it.
- DON'T contact your ex. If you still care about him and want to know how he's doing, give yourself some time to boost your ego first. Contacting him too soon could result in more pain and a longer time to heal.
- DO let go of the relationship. You may end up together in the long run, but for now, consider things done and certainly don't wait around for him to come around. Life is too short for you to be waiting around for someone.
- DON'T gossip. Things may come back to you, and by then it'll be too late to take things back. As tempting as that may be, resist the urge to bad-mouth your ex.
- DO make a list of his annoying qualities. It may seem like a childish thing to do, but it's very therapeutic and will help you realize that things were better this way.
- DON'T set time frames for yourself. So your best friend always seems to bounce back from a relationship. So your ex is already dating someone else. So what? Take things day-by-day and at your own pace. Give time its chance to heal things, and in the meantime, look for the best in yourself and remember that you're an ultra-cool vixen who doesn't need a man to feel complete.
- DO change your environment. Do this especially if you've lived with the person. Take pictures down, gather his things in a box and place it as far away from you as possible, rearrange the furniture. Even if you haven't lived with the person, you may find that a little rearranging can do wonders for the soul.
- a garbage can to trash all his belongings
- a book of matches and a fire extinguisher if you feel like burning all his belongings in the garbage can
- a Polaroid to take pictures of you burning his belongings in the garbage can
- bath salts and scented candles for a calming bath (and to get rid of the smoky smell on your clothes)
- a mixed CD of "I'm over it" songs, i.e. I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor), I Will Love Again (Laura Fabian), Stronger (Britney Spears), Survivor (Destiny's Child)
- a journal to jot down your thoughts
- some inspirational books, i.e. the Chicken Soup for the Soul series
- some funny movies, i.e. Friday, Charlie's Angels, Austin Powers
- a punching bag and gloves to get your aggressions out (and get fit at the same time!)
Monday, September 27, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
There are people who can walk away from you.And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk. I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.
When people can walk away from you let them walk.
Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. The Bible said that,they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]
People leave you because they are not joined to you.And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go. And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise thedead. You've got to know when it's dead.
You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good- bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it.
Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!
If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and intended for your life, then you need to LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ...LET IT GO!!!
If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth...LET IT GO!! !
If someone has angered you .. LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge . LET IT GO!!!
If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction ... LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents... LET IT GO!!!
If you have a bad attitude...LET IT GO!!!
If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better... LET IT GO!!!
If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new leve lin Him... LET IT GO!! !
If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship....LET IT GO!!!
If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to helpthemselves...LET IT GO!!!
If you're feeling depressed and stressed ...LET IT GO!!!
If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling Yourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then you needto... LET IT GO!!!
Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new things for YOU!!! LET IT GO!!!
Get Right or Get Left .. think about it, and then LET IT GO!!! "The Battle is the Lord's!"
For most of us twenty something young professionals, it seems the world has already come up with its own set of expectations on how we should live life.The world expects us to finish school in our early twenties, get a job, findthe love of our lives by the time we reach our mid-twenties, marry and havekids. But the thing is, noteveryone sees their dreams come true in the same way. In this article, Ishall try to endeavor to change the way the world looks at being single.
The Art of Contentment.
For most of us, being single will be more of a phasethan a final destination. This is the best place to practice the art ofcontentment. Someday, I'm sure most of us will fall in love and get married.But the thing is, love will always be tested.Someone more handsome, more charming, richer, funnier, sweeter would comealong. If you have not practiced the art of contentment as a single person,chances are you would be tempted to want that and not cherish your chosenone. Practicing the Art of Contentment as a single person means that youtake what life gives you, good or bad, you're willing to see it through.
It means you don't walk away every time things get tough because it builds in you patience, perseverance, understanding and a hundred different virtues that people in a hurry will never have. Being single means you would find how it feels to be alone thus, allowing you to cherish every moment you spend with your chosen one. The art of contentment means you wouldn't mind if life had to make you wait for solong to find the love of your life, because you know that the waiting would only make the finding much sweeter.
A Time to Know Yourself Better.
Being single is a time of your life when youcan get to know yourself better. You can pursue different interests andpassions without having to ask another person's approval. It is a phase whenyou can keep focus on other things, discover your potentials and talents,and see yourself become more than what you expect to be. Allow yourself tosurprise you. Stop wasting precious energy trying to figure out why you'restill romantically unattached. It's all in the mind. Take the time to go see your friends, spend time with your family, do charity work and you will realizethat you are not, and never for one moment, was alone. Try to get to knowyourself first before you try to get to know other people. To be truly loved means to be known and acceptedfor who you are. How do you expect other people to know you and to love you,when you don't know who and what you really are?
A Choice between Good and Best.
Sometimes the dilemmas we face are notbetween what is absolutely bad and absolutely good. Sometimes, it's betweengood and best. Treat this stage of your life as a phase to evaluate who isgood for you and who is best for you. Sometimes, you won't hear music, orfeel magic to know who's best for you. Theheart just knows and it doesn't need any romantically charged scenario todecide on the matter. Trust in your heart, and trust that time willeventually lead you to, not to the perfect partner, but to the most suitablepartner for you. Being single is a phase of life that we need to be thankfulfor, because being single means ourhearts have yet to choose the best one for us.
Almost a Non-committal.
Jane Austen once wrote, that it is a truthuniversally acknowledged that a single man (or in our times a woman), inpossession of a good fortune is in search of a spouse (just to bepolitically correct). Well, that was what the old school wanted us tobelieve in. Married life is a path most of us would take, however, it is notthe only path there is. Relieve yourself of the pressure and stop making every single, straight guy friend a prospect.You have no business "entrapping" them and asking (which is more like"putting a gun in the head") them of their exclusive attention, if you'renot ready for commitment yourself. Sometimes, when you spend too much timetrying to find a boyfriend, you normally end up marrying the first loser who comes to your door.Take your time, the world will wait. Being married doesn't guarantee that itwill make your life happy. It doesn't guarantee anything at all. Sometimes,it only brings two miserable people together only to make their life evenmore miserable. Without the right intention, the emotional maturity,financial security and of course, unwaveringlove, you're better off unattached.
Don't put your life on hold for Mr. Right but don't let it waste away with Mr. Wrong. Life is about things that you do and happen toyou everyday. It's not about the things that could have happened but neverdid, or things that you think would happen in thefuture. Live life now. Live it to the fullest and stop beating yourself up,trying to be perfect on a Saturday night date. Allow life to surprise youwith it's most wonderful blessings.
The now popular song goes...I don't wanna wait in vain for your love... because summer is here, I'm still waiting there...The big question is, darling...whoever told you you had to wait?The biggest mistake anyone could ever make in his or her life is to wait for a love to come running to you, come sweep you off your feet, or come whisk you away on a magic carpet ride. You shouldn't wait for love to hit you, wait for love to crawl into your skin, nor wait to fall in love.