Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Comfy on Being Confident
Are you confident? How would you rate your confidence level (1-lowest; 10-highest)?
These questions may seem so easy to answer. You may answer yes to the first question. But to the second question? Would you say 1 or 10? Many wouldn't dare rate themselves 10. Probably, in between 7-9. But not 10. So, what gives?
Everyone can tell to the world they're confident but they can't gauge their confidence level. Why? How can we win battles if we're not fully equipped? How can we fire our guns without any bullets?
Confidence killers. These are the culprits. They're the one responsible why we can't hit a 10. Let's name a few.
1. Engaging in self-limiting beliefs. We usually rely on beliefs and traditions. We tend to avoid things as advised by our elders and friends. Simply, we boxed ourselves and never come out. The result is fear of ignorance. And since we've already set ourselves on the things that we would like to believe in, we can't help but compare ourselves to others. Why can they do such things when I can't? Because we believe that we simply can't.
2. Focusing on the past. We can't raise it to 10 because we're haunted by past experiences. Bad experiences and mistakes. We've developed a fear that things will happen again, even if for no reason. We're afraid to give our best shot because we believe that we will fail. We can't project a new attitude and a new look because we don't want people to say we've changed. And that the change doesn't fit us! We work on ourselves not for the people that we might encounter in the future but for the people in our past.
3. Setting unrealistic expectations. Too perfectionist. Too pessimistic. No one's stopping us from being confident but make sure that we can handle the confidence we're trying to imbibe.We try to believe that we can take things down but we're not even coupled with the skills needed.
So, how do we kill these confidence killers? How to stop ourselves from being killed? The savior: Confidence boosters. Here are some ways.
1. Strong support system. Anyone and anything can be our support system so long as they provide encouragement, positivity, compliments and constructive feedback, and so on and so forth. Make sure we're surrounded by these kind of people and things.
2. Success. Whenever we achieve success, it affirms value to ourselves. And we should maintain it. We are not only showcasing, but we are also highlighting our potentials. And gaining more potentials is one way of driving our confidence level.
3. Write down your thoughts. These can be random words. Jotting down all the goals you want to achieve. Evaluate. Reflect. Then look for ways on how you can materialize your thoughts.
4. Know your stuff. Fight self-ignorance. Never stop learning. As simple as engaging yourself into reading, writing and conversing with different people, you are learning. It's never too late to empower ourselves with knowledge. No one's above anyone unless you let them. Always believe that there are things you know that they don't.
5. Be prepared. Practice makes perfect. You must be prepared for you to be called confident enough. You don't want to be presented to anyone and you just stand there and at loss for words. Remember, when we were tasked by our teachers to do a class report, we make sure we're prepared for it, from visual aids to the wordings itself. We tend to practice in front of the mirror to check on our reflections and how should we project when the big day comes. But in real life, we can no longer have the same rituals. We must be prepared in a snap. We'll never know when will the situation calls for it.
6. Learn to laugh at yourself. Why still dwell on things (failures, hurt, pain) when it already happened? As they say, the damage has been done. There's no point of turning back. As if we could still turn back time! Just be grateful it happened and your still the same person. You might lost something but it doesn't mean that you wont gain something.
7. Positivity. There's always a flip side to negative things. From simple wordings to our actions, we can turn them positively. Avoid using negative words like can't, don't, never etc. You may decline invites by not saying no. Use affirmative words. Then smile.
These are just some thoughts I've gathered. I got all of these from the rendezvous I've attended. And I want to share everything to all of you. Hope this helps.
I, myself, is still struggling on building up my confidence and how to raise the level. But I don't want to give up. I don't want to show I'm weak when I know that I got what it takes to be confident. I am grateful enough that even if I haven't reached level 10 yet, I am still confident in my own way.
Let's all work together on how to take down these confidence killers and add more on what would boost our confidence more. Should you have any ideas or thoughts on how to fight confidence killers, feel free to share. Before i end this post, I just want to share this link on confidence boosters.
galatrip friends love food life labtrip gastronomic adventure blog cebu bohol travel fall in love mary dinkle roadtrip work foods maxhorowitz miss shinchan budget foodtrip friend hate intramuros keychain macky trip valentines 2011 Marq beach blogger chat events family goodbye happiness happy hurt movie puso song vacay work-life balance write 2010 2012 araneta atimonan bdj belled de jour power planner ber months bestfriend bonding camping casa manila chance christmas circle concert dampa december dragons drink emo followed fun gifts inasal la mesa ecopark leave lucban miyaka moa money new year november occassion pain park philippine blogging summit planner prizes quezon restaurant rodics sand sto nino sunken garden superbowl tagaytay thoughts water zipline 143 3 months Atom Araullo Bayukbok Cave Big 4 Blackbeard's Seafood Island CnT Eton Centris Fuente Osmena Lapu-Lapu Larsian LetGo Mactan Shrine Mt.Manalmon NES94 PDI Plant with Me Sidcor UP college of law acceptance ademar admire affected airport alicia keys amnesia girl ana santos animals antok apple asap assume attention avatar azkals baby back ribs back baclayon church balance banchetto barbeque basketball batangas beer best best i ever had bff bilar bills binangonan binondo birds birthday bjd black swan bloggersfest blood compact bolo boodle feast booster bora buffet buhay busy care carla casa verde caving celfone cheat chinchan chinese chocolate hills chocolates chowbiz chupers church city hall. quezon climb clue comfy confident conti's countryside credit card crosswinds resort crown regency crush cuenca cute cutest cutest newsman dagat daing dan hill daranak falls dd1 dd2 dd3 dd4 dear diary dearest delicacies dependency diamond disappoint dont forget dots dq dried mango dunk eat edward cullen embarrass eraserheads expect expenses extra face faceurmanga facial failure falls fan fashion fear fee ferry finale fireworks first football fort santiago fruits furniture game georgetown gone goods gulp guy handicraft hanging puso happy new year hearts day hike hold head up high holidays hope hot air balloon iblog7 iblog8 insectyora inspiration inspired ipod itouch itunes iyak janet's january jayj's journalist jump shots kamay ni hesus kapamilya karnibal killer krispy kreme kung hei fat choi labor day laguna las pinas bamboo organ lechon cebu leo let go lets face it letter letting go liebster award like lil sis live loboc river cruise longganisa loss lovelife lss magellans cross mahal majayjay malcolm hall mami g man-made forest mang inasal manila cathedral marikina marina marriage masochism masokista maxs may 1 meat miaka monday mood swings motor mots mountain move on mt. maculot music myself nba newsman ninoy aquino parks and wildlife no strings attached nuffnang ocean jet october opm optical illusion pahiyas palawan pamper pandayan panglao island parade party pasalubong pasig ferry ride pasko passion patience perya pet photography pictures pier one planes pop icon post power premises prestige prick promise prony pudtrip puerto galera purchasing power pyrolympics python qcmc rappel rappelling red reformatted relationship relo remember rendezvous reporter reunion rio movie riverbanks rockies rocks ropes roses salcedo park sampaguita suites sapul sbbs senses september sessionista sexandsensibilities shades share sharlene ship haus single sipatan hanging bridge sizzling pepper steak skywalk slumbook smoke smp smx something fishy sorry spelunking stalagmites starbucks starving stephen bishop stress sweet tooth swim tago tagultol tanay tapa tarsier tramway tricia gosingtian triciawillgoplaces tulog tweet twilight twitter up vampire vegetables video walled city warren weekend weekend market welcome white hat witty will save the world worst ym you to me are everything