Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best I Ever Had


A few hours from now, 2011 will be gone.. And comes 2012. People are all agitated to create their list of New Year's Resolution. A list of what we want to be and not. But I am not going to create one when I know that I won't be able to fulfill what I just had written. Sad but true. Tons of promises await only to realize that they will simply stay as mere promises. =(

What I can possibly create is a list of the best things I had experienced for the entire year of 2011. This is something I can truly be proud of for I was able to do all the desires of my life. 2011 was not a perfect year for me. I still had my share of not-so-good moments. But I did try to exert the best possible effort to turn things into something positive. And I've somewhat won that battle. =)

I was lucky enough to have survived under the knife. It was indeed a new life for me. I still have a clear picture in my mind of what has transpired on those days. A moment I truly did not expect to happen. I did not only learn that operation was certainly something one should not be afraid of but I also learned to value my family as they've shown me the true meaning of unconditional love.

2011 also paved way to my travel adventures. Big thanks goes to my travel buddy. First stop was Daranak Falls. It wasn't planned properly but it did go through. First encounter with falls. And I fell in love with it. Weeks after and I just saw myself standing before Taytay Falls in Majayjay, Laguna. First time I went camping. It felt weird and I can hardly sleep as I hear the loud gushing of the waterfalls. It felt like we'll be swept away by the waters any moment.

The year was so grateful that I had my most number of "My First..". My first Hot Air Balloon encounter. Such a huge balloon I've seen my entire life! First jet plane exhibitions that I've never imagined I will witness. The first concert I've seen from an international and famous singer-composer Stephen Bishop and Dan Hill. It made me love their songs more.

My first out of town trip. First destination went as far as the Queen City of the South, Cebu. I can only imagine Cebu on postcards, internet and word of mouth. I didn't really dream of setting my feet here as early as the third quarter of 2011. My love for Cebu had it's second course when I sailed off again come third quarter of the year. My goal then was to witness at least half of what Cebu has to offer. From the city up to it's provinces, I've wandered. Marveled by the beauty of it's people and nature, I said to myself that I will go back here. There's still more that i missed. The islands of Malapascua, Bantayan and Camotes were already on top my list.

I've also set my foot to what was regarded as God's Little Paradise, Bohol. And I didn't miss to pay the marvelous Chocolate Hills a visit. From the man-made forest to a river cruise, it left me in awe that everything happened in just one day. The white sand of Panglao beach made me love the waters more.

My first encounter with my dreaded fears, water and heights. I maybe hundreds to thousands of feet away from the ground but the feeling itself inside an airplane provided comfort. Thanks to different sorts of diversion like magazines and entertainment from the flight attendants, I almost forgot I am an acrophobic! But not with my first sail on the deep blue sea. I can't help but equipped myself with tons of rubber vest for the fear that in  any moment the ferry might sink. Well, just me and my wild imagination! But then again, my trips went safely.

My list doesn't end here. But I am gonna stop for now. I've just shared some of the major highlights of my life. And I'm pretty sure everyone has. Learn to discover it and cherish it. These made us the person we've become now.

The many social gatherings I've attended. The many people I've met and mingled upon. The heaps of knowledge  I've learned from them. It somewhat molded me to become a well-rounded person. Gone were the days that I would just sit and stay alone all by myself. Gone were the instances that I would pretend to be happy when I am really not. For I have learned that true happiness can be achieve by doing the things I loved the most, without any hesitations, without any regrets.

2011 has brought me not only the best but also the worst. But I didn't dwell on the worst much for I know that it wouldn't just do me any good. I've learned to focus on my strengths. I've learned to minimize my errors. Whatever it is that has happened in the past must stay in the past. As  a lesson and not as my biggest regret in life.

I loved what 2011 has provided  for me. Because I've learned to love myself more than anybody else. I've realized the value of people, of things and of time. I've regained my self-worth. I am slowly recuperating from a painful heartbreak. I can now laugh at my mistakes. I am free as a bird.

2011. It unleashed my free will. It made me developed my confidence. It made me act natural and true to myself. Thanks 2011. Just had the best of my times served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gladly appreciate it if you will let me hear your thoughts! Thanks!

Blog Post

galatrip friends love food life labtrip gastronomic adventure blog cebu bohol travel fall in love mary dinkle roadtrip work foods maxhorowitz miss shinchan budget foodtrip friend hate intramuros keychain macky trip valentines 2011 Marq beach blogger chat events family goodbye happiness happy hurt movie puso song vacay work-life balance write 2010 2012 araneta atimonan bdj belled de jour power planner ber months bestfriend bonding camping casa manila chance christmas circle concert dampa december dragons drink emo followed fun gifts inasal la mesa ecopark leave lucban miyaka moa money new year november occassion pain park philippine blogging summit planner prizes quezon restaurant rodics sand sto nino sunken garden superbowl tagaytay thoughts water zipline 143 3 months Atom Araullo Bayukbok Cave Big 4 Blackbeard's Seafood Island CnT Eton Centris Fuente Osmena Lapu-Lapu Larsian LetGo Mactan Shrine Mt.Manalmon NES94 PDI Plant with Me Sidcor UP college of law acceptance ademar admire affected airport alicia keys amnesia girl ana santos animals antok apple asap assume attention avatar azkals baby back ribs back baclayon church balance banchetto barbeque basketball batangas beer best best i ever had bff bilar bills binangonan binondo birds birthday bjd black swan bloggersfest blood compact bolo boodle feast booster bora buffet buhay busy care carla casa verde caving celfone cheat chinchan chinese chocolate hills chocolates chowbiz chupers church city hall. quezon climb clue comfy confident conti's countryside credit card crosswinds resort crown regency crush cuenca cute cutest cutest newsman dagat daing dan hill daranak falls dd1 dd2 dd3 dd4 dear diary dearest delicacies dependency diamond disappoint dont forget dots dq dried mango dunk eat edward cullen embarrass eraserheads expect expenses extra face faceurmanga facial failure falls fan fashion fear fee ferry finale fireworks first football fort santiago fruits furniture game georgetown gone goods gulp guy handicraft hanging puso happy new year hearts day hike hold head up high holidays hope hot air balloon iblog7 iblog8 insectyora inspiration inspired ipod itouch itunes iyak janet's january jayj's journalist jump shots kamay ni hesus kapamilya karnibal killer krispy kreme kung hei fat choi labor day laguna las pinas bamboo organ lechon cebu leo let go lets face it letter letting go liebster award like lil sis live loboc river cruise longganisa loss lovelife lss magellans cross mahal majayjay malcolm hall mami g man-made forest mang inasal manila cathedral marikina marina marriage masochism masokista maxs may 1 meat miaka monday mood swings motor mots mountain move on mt. maculot music myself nba newsman ninoy aquino parks and wildlife no strings attached nuffnang ocean jet october opm optical illusion pahiyas palawan pamper pandayan panglao island parade party pasalubong pasig ferry ride pasko passion patience perya pet photography pictures pier one planes pop icon post power premises prestige prick promise prony pudtrip puerto galera purchasing power pyrolympics python qcmc rappel rappelling red reformatted relationship relo remember rendezvous reporter reunion rio movie riverbanks rockies rocks ropes roses salcedo park sampaguita suites sapul sbbs senses september sessionista sexandsensibilities shades share sharlene ship haus single sipatan hanging bridge sizzling pepper steak skywalk slumbook smoke smp smx something fishy sorry spelunking stalagmites starbucks starving stephen bishop stress sweet tooth swim tago tagultol tanay tapa tarsier tramway tricia gosingtian triciawillgoplaces tulog tweet twilight twitter up vampire vegetables video walled city warren weekend weekend market welcome white hat witty will save the world worst ym you to me are everything